Sunday, September 04, 2005

Goodwill Drama

It was a nice day yesterday and, having very little to do, we walked up to the Goodwill store here in Pacific Beach. We reckoned that it would have pretty good stuff, being in the swank part of town and all.

Chris found a cream colored silk Bill Blass shirt for $4. All I got was a glimpse into someone else's emotional baggage. It was funny nonetheless.

Her, looking at a simple wedding dress: "Hey, honey, look at this. I could wear this to the ball."
Him: "Oh yeah? You like it? .... It's a little fancy."
Her: "I guess you're right, it's really more of a wedding dress."

Her: "I wish WE could have had a wedding."



Her: "I hate you for that."

Someone call Edith Wharton, Henry James, and Nathaniel Hawthorne -- there's a book in there somewhere.

No comments: