Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bizarre produce section signs

I think they hired someone new at our local King Soopers grocery store.  Someone whose soul has not yet been crushed by the endless monotony of stacking organic seedless grapes.  I noticed this development slowly, over the course of several weeks, every time I'd walk into the produce section.  Signs for fruit and vegetables had begun to take on a surreal and playful nature.  It appealed greatly to me, but I don't know how the rest of my PlasticLand(tm) neighbors are enjoying it.

I was just beginning to chronicle these signs for posterity when we had to go and move.  We'll see if the staff at the Jewel has the same sense of humor, but I doubt it.

Is this not the strangest way to market mangos you've ever seen?  Extra points for creatively pluralizing to "mangoes."  Makes it look more exotic.

No comments: