Thursday, October 11, 2007

Look what I do for you.

Nothing has happened to me for a while, and nothing looked like it was going to continue happening for quite some time to come. What did I do? I signed up for a Wilton cake decorating class. Now all my cakes are going to be just as beautiful as they are delicious. Someone at work asked me if I was planning on making my own wedding cake. "Hahahahahaa," I said. Because that would be the worst idea ever.

Tonight was the first class, and I'm pretty excited about spending the next three weeks shocking my classmates in a very tame, buttercream-covered sort of way. From what I can tell, they're all kind of soccer mom types who will be content churning out next week's project, a rainbow cake (picture ripped off of someone else's blog who's taken this class before).

I am not making a rainbow cake.

I haven't decided what kind of cake I'm making yet, but it's not going to be a rainbow cake. Maybe a pirate cake, or a zombie cake, or a purple monkey cake, but no rainbows.

Eventually we'll move on to the creepiest-looking clowns you've ever seen. This pictured clown is from the Wilton website, so it's only mildly cringe-inducing. A first-time clown-maker, such as myself, will no doubt produce misshapen, deformed creatures that look humanoid only because of the plastic clown head shoved into the top of it.

The good news is I don't have to eat any of these cakes -- this is why I have an office full of people who eat things that are given to them. It's a good thing, too. The buttercream frosting we have to make for class isn't made with butter at all. It's mostly Crisco. Run away, children.

I will definitely be keeping everyone up to date on the Wilton lessons. I need enough encouragement that I move on to the next levels of classes... otherwise I'll learn just enough to be dangerous. SCARY CLOWNS FOR ALL!!! BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!

2 comments:

erica said...

I'm so ready to encourage you in this endeavor that's it's kind of scaring me.

Last year, for a time, I decided by perfect career was as a cake decorator. Yeah, that worked great.

Anonymous said...

Glad you've been attempting mischief... At least now I'll have something to read while I'm meant to be working... My mum got way into this for a while. Even down to making little marzipan fruits and vegetables and stuff like that.

Totally disgusting, but looks pretty... (I think I know a few people like that actually)...

Right... almost done... this must be what a 4 year childbirth feels like... (except I can drink alcohol and caffeine... mmm... alcafe...)

Craig.