Saturday, August 25, 2007

Wait! We've still got, like, two weeks!

Just in the last couple of days, I've started to notice the clear signs of summer's end here in Colorado. I'm sure the same sorts of things were happening this time last August, but I probably wasn't paying attention because I wasn't quite as dismayed to see the harbingers of eventual winter.

There's a tree down the street that's started to change color, and I've seen at least two groups of Canadian geese fly by my deck. Yeah, it's still 90 degrees outside every day, but autumn's in the mail, for sure. Pretty soon Chris will get all starry-eyed at the thought of not having to mow the lawn for six months, and I'll make my dog look ridiculous by dressing her in pajamas at night. Good times, people. I'm still not used to living somewhere with seasons, but I will say it's a nice way for nature to mark the passage of time.

No comments: