Monday, July 30, 2007

Why Colorado is easily one of the top five states to live in.

My state makes beer. Lots of it. Lots of really good beer. When my parents were out to visit, we toured no fewer than three microbreweries in as many days, and tasted more hefeweizens and IPAs than you can shake a stick at. There's an entire section in our liquor store devoted to Colorado breweries, and we still haven't made our way through half of them.


When we saw this in the store the other day, it made me realize what a special place I live in. This here is a Mystery Microbrew Grab Bag, offered for the low low price of $7.99. If there's anything better than the promise of excellent microbrew combined with the anxious anticipation of which kind if might be, I can't think of what it is. We didn't get it, but the little voice inside my head is telling me we should have. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

erica said...

I'm not sure, but I think Oregon can trump Colorado in the microbrewery department. There are 30 in the Portland area alone. But seriously, why aren't there more mystery grab bags in the world? There ought to be.