Sunday, April 08, 2007

Pimp That Snack -- Easter edition

Happy fertility festival Easter, people. I dutifully purchased my Peeps yesterday and will be entertaining y'all with some Peep jousting goodness tomorrow later. In the meantime, I've got to share what has to be one of the most awe-inspiring DIY websites ever -- Pimp That Snack. I still haven't explored it to its depths, but the general idea seems to be that there's an incredibly gifted person out there whose mission is to make food... bigger. For example, this Cadbury Creme Egg (my favorite of all Easter foodstuffs) weighs over 6 pounds, and was made with large amounts of melted chocolate, sugar, and liquid glucose, all painstakingly assembled in a giant mold.


That wrapper is handpainted acrylic on aluminum foil. I am beside myself and a little bit frightened at this individual's attention to detail. You know that serial killer on CSI who makes the perfect miniature replicas of his crime scene? It's that level.


The best part is that step by step instructions are included in text and pictures, so I could actually have a go at making some of this stuff myself. I can't wait for the next birthday among my friends!

No comments: