Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Proof of God... or that I need more sleep.

There are many thousands of tiny things that I must successfully accomplish before leaving on Friday to go home for Christmas. Among them is making a stocking for Chris to be hung up at my house. I was working on it this evening, and found that I needed to quickly dry some glitter that I had glued to a pipe cleaner, so I threw it in the bathroom sink and applied the wrath of the hair dryer.

This process is exceedingly boring.

So I was kind of drifting off and wondering whether I'd get any good sleep tonight (with this cough I've got, probably not) when I noticed one of those little things that makes one think "I bet no one on Earth has ever seen this before," right before doing the math of billions of people times millions of years and realizing that one is probably dead wrong. There were two drops of water clinging stubbornly to the sink basin, each containing a single piece of silver glitter. As the air from the hair dryer agitated the water, each bit of glitter was spinning slowly around in its respective drop of water. It looked like the most abstract googly eyes I had ever seen.

Back to gluing bits of felt to other, larger, bits of felt. Thank you for your time.

1 comment:

erica said...

Pipe cleaners, Glitter, and Felt = AWESOME!