Monday, December 04, 2006

Christmas time is here!

Yay!!! We are shopping and it has been snowing and just now, some Olde-Tyme carolers from the days of yore stopped by for some wassail. Okay, everything but the carolers. We went out and got a tree yesterday. The trees here are really fresh, on account of them being kept out of doors in below freezing weather. Darn thing drank a gallon of water in its first 12 hours in our house.

My parents will be happy to note that it passes the only Christmas Tree Rule that I've ever insisted upon: it can be scraggly, lop-sided, a little bald in places, or just plain sincere looking, as long as it's taller than I am. This one's a beauty, even though we don't have as many ornaments for it as I'd like (yet). I still plan on making some, and Christmas ornaments have a funny way of multiplying over the years.

Here's a couple of pictures of the tree and the front of the house, so you folks can feel the same Hallmarky Christmas cheer that we are.

It was damn cold that night. We are wearing ski gear.


My turn to hold the dog...






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do I detect a few Arehart family ornaments on that tree??


And yes! the yellow AandF shirt has now gone christmas tree shopping!! Add that to its diary of places it has been. mom

Anonymous said...

That shirt better make it to Peru!