Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Where? Who knows.

I'm going through a stack of a couple hundred postcards I just found in a box downstairs.  They were originally purchased on eBay for the purpose of decorating my awesome vintage travel-flavored wedding.  I'm doing what I wanted to when I first bought them, but didn't have the time -- read through all the messages on the ones that were actually sent.  Here's a gem:

On the front: Photo of Radio City Music Hall, NY NY
Postmark: Not readable, but internet stamp dorks tell me that the FDR $0.06 stamp was issued in 1966.
Message:
Hi Mary, we got to N.Y. this morning about 8:30.  We went to the top of the Empire State Bldg. this afternoon. Stood in line about 1 1/2 hrs. Tonite we are going out -- Where? Who knows.
Love Mom & Dad
Can't you just hear the giddiness?

Update:  Mary appears to be on Facebook.  I think I may have just found a new obsession.  Let me finish sorting these, and I'll let both of my readers know whether I'm going to be Facebook Creeper Postcard Santa.

No comments: