Monday, September 08, 2008

Holliday of the Damned -- AMAZING FOLLOW-UP

This last Friday, I was lucky enough to win a pair of Rockies tickets from work, so Chris and I grabbed a sandwich and some sushi and headed up to Coors Field.  The seats were good enough that we had to pay very close attention to the game, lest we get clobbered by sports paraphernalia.  A woman about 5 rows back got hit by an errant bat.  No joke.

We enjoyed ourselves, especially considering that we were sitting next to the only two Astros fans in the stadium.  They had just come up from Texas the day before, so you can bet they were getting their high-altitude drank on.   Super entertaining.  But that's not what I came here to talk about.  After the Rockies won (yay, or whatever), we were standing around waiting for the crowd to thin, when we noticed two women who had come down to our level to get some pictures.  "Hey Chris," I said.  "That kind of looks like those crazy women, remember?"  Chris sounded not a little shaken when he responded... "No, dude.  That IS them."  I just about busted a gut laughing, and nearly emptied out my purse looking for my phone so I could take a CrapCam photo.  

Sure enough, they had made their way down into our section in their identical jackets, to take identical photos with each of their identical cameras, of the "Rockies Win" sign on the JumboTron.  Just... unbelievable.



Now imagine having to get the sidelong stinkeye from this gruesome twosome for an entire ballgame.  Gah.

No comments: