Thursday, November 08, 2007

JoeFlakes!

Our company has adopted a clutch of Marines in Iraq. (I'm not sure if "clutch" is the group noun for Marines -- perhaps a "grunt" of Marines, a "stink" of Marines, or a "collective group of questionable life decisions but hey, in these guys' cases, it's probably for the best" might be more appropriate) In the past months, we've sent them clothes and other gifts.



The latest drive was set up as a Christmas ornament competition, in which employees were asked to buy, make, or personalize ornaments to decorate the Marines' little Christmas tree. Funundrum thought about it for a few days, then had an epiphany that turned out to be... JoeFlakes™. I'm not really sure where the idea came from, but I glued toy army men together to make snowflakes, then spray painted them white. Behold, JoeFlakes™.





And I totally won first prize, which was an iPod Nano. It's one of the sad, old tiny ones, so we're going to use it as our travel iPod. This way, if it gets lost or stolen, the thief will have to listen to the same 240 songs over and over, and REVENGE WILL BE OURS!!!

I wish I had been able to take pictures of these against a higher-contrast background, but I was at work, so my only choice was Mindless Laborer Beige.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love then, Liz! I will personally sacrifice the next infant to Microsoft if you will make a few for me to send my brother!

Anonymous said...

SHU and hubby and I all agree you should market them. You could make a KILLING.
smm