Saturday, April 12, 2008

Bad Copy of the Day Award

It feels really good to have another entry for Bad Copy of the Day Award.  It's as satisfying as stretching one's legs after a long car ride.

Today's stinkbomb is courtesy of the Highlands Ranch Community Activity Guide for August.  It lists all the classes and activities that I could be enjoying instead of planning a wedding.  Wouldn't that be nice?  Anyway, this entry was for Highlands Ranch Days, which is going to be a long weekend full of educational activities that teach people what this amazing land was like right before they built many, many square miles of houses on it.  I'll just cut straight to the direct quote (emphasis is, as always, mine):

"Explore the Mansion and discover bygone eras when fur trappers, gold panners, pioneers, hayrides, and Native Americans roamed the land that we know as Highlands Ranch."

Yes, those halcyon days when hayrides roamed the land.  That's actually my favorite John Wayne movie -- you know, the one where he meets up with the roaming hayride and calls it "pilgrim."  Fortunately, the good people of Highlands Ranch are faithful to their ancestry and are offering "historical reenactments, hayrides, western entertainment, and more," lest the schoolchildren be undereducated about the roaming hayrides.

Now I know why I save these stupid brochures to read over my morning cereal.  Fantastic stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ye Gads!!! Aren't you due to be married in the next few days? Where has the time gone? Oh yes, I've been in a car wreck, and my husband in another, and somebody stole my books, but my Liz is getting married soon!!! This is of uber-importance, so huzzah!!!

Write to me when you have time (ha ha). We miss you!

Stacy